This is an interesting meme – quote your favourite line from the first 20 songs in your playlist. The ones I really love are in italics.

See if you can identify the songs from the lines. (Enter your answers in the comments.) I don’t expect more than five right answers (the first person I quized got none). Take that as a challenge.
  1. I still believe she was my twin, but I lost the ring/She was born in spring, but I was born too late
  2. I don’t want the world to change/I like the way it is/Just give me one more wish/I can’t get enough of this
  3. I’ll come running to tie your shoe/I’ll come running to tie your shoe
  4. So you write him a letter and say, “Her eyes are blue.”/He sends you a poem and she’s lost to you
  5. Yes we feel bad in winter/We act a little bit strange/The dark sky threatens me daily/Makes me alter and change
  6. You are a force of nature, dear/And your breath curls from your lips/And the trees bend down their branches/Touch you with their fingertips
  7. You got to fight everyday/And keep mediocrity at bay (Sound familiar? Check out my tagline.)
  8. I know I’m bad/To jump on you like this/Some things don’t change/My middle name’s still ‘Risk’
  9. My face beneath the streetlamp/It reveals what it is lonely people seek
  10. I’m not trying to cause a fuss/I just wanna make my own fuck-ups
  11. I’ll tip my hat to the new constitution/Take a bow for the new revolution/Smile and grin at the change all around/Pick up my guitar and play ...
  12. If you still feel like today/And tomorrow’s the same way/Then I know it will be right tomorrow night
  13. I whisper all your names/I know not where you are/But somewhere, somewhere, somewhere here/Upon this wild abandoned star ... (I was sorely tempted to include the whole song here)
  14. I really don’t know what “I love you” means/I think it means “Don’t leave me here alone”
  15. Just when I think I’m winning/When I’ve broken every door/The ghosts of my life blow wilder than before
  16. She picked me up and sat me on her knee/Said, “Dear boy, won’t you come home with me?”
  17. ’Cause you know and I know/In the morning I’ll be dead/You can sit around and you can watch/All the clean white sheets stained red
  18. Close the door, put out the light/No, they won’t be home tonight
  19. Call it intuition, call it a creeping suspicion,/But their words of derision meant they hardly knew me
  20. The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face (c’mon, I couldn’t not have this)